1st Grade Hawk Spirit Stick Goals 2016-2017
- Successfully tie shoes. (Certificate & prize)
- Earn the Principal’s Citizenship Honor Roll (Certificate at Conferences)
- Complete Home Reading Goal of 700 minutes each term (Certificate/Coupon each term, Spirit Stick at the end, if all terms are accomplished)
- Master Basic Addition Facts to 10. Complete 15 problems in 1 minute with a score of 93% or better. (Certificate)
- Master Basic Subtraction Facts to 10. Complete 15 problems in 1 minute with a score of 93% or better. (Certificate- When #4 and #5 are accomplished, they will get a Math Spirit Stick)
- Identify, Write, and Count Numbers 0-120. (Certificate)
- Complete a Science Project (*Science packet is sent home in the winter/spring with instructions.) (Spirit Stick)
- Complete a two-hour service project in the community and a poster explaining the service project. (*Project needs to be preapproved by the teacher and done in the FALL.) (Spirit Stick)
- Complete 3 Book Reports that will be assigned throughout the school year. (Spirit Stick- if all 3 are accomplished)
- Progressing 3 Guided Reading Levels will earn “Super Reader” spirit stick. Progressing 6 Levels will earn “Pirate Reader” spirit stick.
2nd Grade Hawk Goals
Fourth Grade Hawk Spirit Sticks
- Play three songs on the recorder accurately and well.
______, ______, ______
Books on a shelf (image only):
- Go up three levels in Guided Reading or one hundred points on the SRI.
GR start: ______, ______, ______ SRI start: ______,
“May the Facts Be with You”:
- Pass off multiplication facts 2-12.
- Pass off division facts 2-12
- Receive a score of 80% or higher on 4 math tests.
“Write and Write S’more”:
- Write a 1-3 paragraph informational piece that receives a 3 or better. _____
- Write a 1-3 paragraph opinion piece that receives a 3 or better. _____
“Think like a Scientist”:
- Create a technology project demonstrating your understanding of one of the following:
(Time will be provided at school.) Must receive a 3 or higher. _____
- Rock cycle
- Water cycle
- Interactions of plants and animals within one Utah environment
- Being a meteorologist (weather tools, predicting weather, etc.)
- Accurately locate and label the twenty-nine counties of Utah. _____
- Do a county project as assigned by your teacher. Must receive a 3 or better. _____
“Great Habits make Great Leaders”:
A service project(s) that totals four hours of actual service. Create a way (poster, paragraph, collage) to show what you did during your service hours. _____